April 29th, 2005
|marionnettes||05:08 pm - Corset Tops|
Does anybody know how to make corset tops? Kinda like this one (not the mideval ones, lol!)
Current Mood: cheerful
Current Music: Scars- Papa Roach
Whoo, glad you posted that. I've been curious for some time too, but didn't want to sound dumb. Haha, I'm a loser who cares too much about what other people think.
P.S. I can go the May 26th MCR showing! HUZZAH! Do you want me to bring a dollar for you on Monday if you're buying tickets tomorrow?
for a corset top like that?
i'm not quite sure, but it looks to me like whoever made it...
01. took a shirt and cut the top of it off so it was a baggy tube top.
02. then they cut the back of the shirt open and cut some of the fabric off of it so that it wouldn't fit around their torso.
03. then, they got some fabric from somewhere and added it to the sides for detail, but it was still a LITTLE bit too small to go all the way around.
04. then, they took some sort of strong material and sewed it onto the ends of teh fabric.
05. then, they cut holes in THAT material at the same places on each side.
06. then, they laced the string through and tied it up.
but that's only what it LOOKS like they've done.
i could be completely wrong...
eek, they didn't CUT holes in the fabric, they sewed metal rings onto it...
and the fabric that they sewed onto the sides they ALSO used as trim.
so that means that they MIGHT have cut the front of the shirt out and sewed it onto other fabric...
did that make ANY sense?
It made perfect sense!! Thank you very, very much!